Monday, July 23, 2007

First night in the new digs

Well, here we are! We're officially in our new digs. The majority of my furniture is here, plus or minus a few things. A lot of my boxes have made it over...of course I'm unpacking the kitchen wondering where in the world my silverware is and such. There's still a couple of boxes in my parents basement, hopefully they're in there!

JM's already asleep, the day was long and exhausting. I'm running a load of dishes through the dishwasher and waiting for them to finish. I always like to give dishes and such a quick wash after a move. The military movers will be here first thing in the morning with JM's stuff. I'm really hoping there's not too much...just with my stuff the apartment is getting full!

I finally finished unpacking our housewarming present from my parents. They went above and beyond and filled this huge plastic tub with all kinds of things you need...staple foods (like cans of soup, mac and cheese, peanut butter), medicines, cleaning supplies, dog biscuits, toilet paper....seriously, you name it they got it. I don't know if they'll ever really know how much that meant or how much that helped us. It's always nice to know that you're parents support what you're doing. Living with a boy is a first for me!

Side note, I'm using JM's laptop and the H key is sticking. It's driving me insane.

Anyways...oh, yea, the new place. It's nice. Very much a 'starter' home. It has the nice tall ceilings (or low floors, whichever way you want to look at it), patio, first floor (which I wanted with Kodi), 2 bedrooms, etc. The ceiling fan we bought was installed when we moved in and I have to say I love it! I think it's gorgeous. You just can't look straight at it because the light bulbs the maintenance guys put in it are REALLY bright!

My BIG, HUGE, RIDICULOUS problem is the carpet. There are literally stains everywhere. Well, at least in the living room and bedroom. We're not talking a couple of small spots, we're talking large red stains, blue stains, black stains, brown stains. There are a couple of very bad stains in the bedroom, and then the living room is spotted all over with them. We stopped at the office on one of our trips today and told the guy, and he said, "oh, yea, the red stains?". I said yes, but there are many other stains as well. He said the cleaners tried to get those out but couldn't. He'd call them again and have them come out on Tuesday. Ummm...if they didn't get it out before, I'm thinking they can't get it out now. If the people before us had trashed the place this badly...recarpet! So I wrote the management an email tonight and said it's unacceptable. We want the stains GONE. I also asked for someone to come over to document all of the stains and locations because the move in form they gave us does not have nearly enough room for me to write all of them down!

So...other than that, it's good :-) Moving was rough, there were a few arguments and a couple of 'testy' times, but I think that's to be expected. Nothing to worrisome!

I left Kodi at my parents tonight. First, whatever they used to clean the carpets left an odor so bad that I have a headache. I'm also worried that the stains on the carpet are from another animal, which would drive him nuts. Then JM's movers are coming, as well as cable and they're delivering our washer and dryer. With all the boxes and 'stuff' in here right now, I'm not sure if he'd even fit!

Ok, I'm going to go check on the dishes. I'm been taking pictures so I'll write later with our journey!

No comments: