Sunday, April 19, 2009

Thank you

I wanted to send out a worldwide (at least worldwide web!) thank you to a lady I don't know. Last week I was at the United Methodist Church in Greenwood for my mini marathon training. Before I started my run, I used the restroom. I was wearing my cold weather workout gear...fitted black pants and a very bright fuschia long sleeved top. Since I've been feeling very overweight lately, let's just say this isn't my favorite outfit as it's a running outfit, therefore skin-tight. Anyways, I was washing my hands (as EVERYONE should do!) when an woman walked in and said, "You look so cute in that outfit. I love the color of your top!" Granted, I was in Greenwood so I probably fit in a little more (sorry to any South-sider, I just had to throw that in), but regardless, she made me feel so good! It was nice to have someone compliment you when you were feeling so blah about yourself. Especially a perfect stranger. I think it shows you should do things like that...compliment strangers. It can totally change someone's day.

No comments: