Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A very missed due date

Tomorrow is the day of the missed baby's due date.  I was kind of hoping I would've forgotten the actual date by the time it came around, but those kind of dates stick with you it seems.  Of course I forget the date we found out we were pregnant, the date we told people...but by golly I remember the date I miscarried, the missed due date, all of those things. 

The daffodils we planted helped a lot through the earlier part of this month.  I knew the date was approaching and then the woman at work's daughter in law had the baby and that daffodil (that one solitary bloom) kept making me smile.  Unfortunately, it's done blooming now so I feel like there's  nothing really to hold on to.  I know JM feels it too, but goodness, men handle things a lot differently than women. 

I decided to take tomorrow off work.  Not so much because I knew I'd be sad or anything like that.  More for the fact that I want to remember.  I don't want to spend the day busy at work and then get home, pass out, and wake up the next morning realizing I didn't cherish the day in any way.  Granted, I have no idea how I'm going to do that, but I have the whole day to figure it out.  My mom is going to take the day off as well, so we can come up with something together.  Tomorrow night is a "new mom's" presale at an upscale consignment sale so we'll go to that.  Maybe head down to Edinburgh to the maternity clothes outlet and see if I can find anything to wear for the summer.  But whatever we decide to do, my missed baby will be always be in my heart.

No comments: